Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's boy...

...yup, that's me... kinda cheesy I know but I was born on this very day. On the other hand it's sorta cool because people remember :)

It's funny how you have a birthday and the first thing you think it's: "Oh shoot, I'm in a different age group now" In my case, one of (if not THE) hardest: 35 - 39 Oh well, I guess another reason to push myself even more.... right!

This morning I ran a local 5 miler race, the 'Ghisallo Frosty Five Run'. It was cold (low 30s, probably felt like in the 20s) and windy. According to my Garmin I finished at 35min 34sec... 6 seconds slower than last years. I didn't think about checking my previous year's time and try to beat it... typical me... oh well. Not that I have been working on speed at all, been focusing on my IM base-training right now, so I'm still happy with today's race.

After the race my lovely wife, a friend and I went to have breakfast. After that my friend left and wifey and I went to REI to get my b-day present, a bike rack. Ended up getting the THULE 594 Side Arm:



Cool eh?

I also grabbed some bike gloves and tights.

Training is still going great. Coach makes training fun, it's not repetitive or monotonous at all.
Gonna try to get out in the bike tomorrow, it'll be the first time outdoors since September!!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome Valentine's... enjoy!

PC

4 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day.

Welcome to your new age group!

Sam said...

Sweet goodies!! And sounds like race was good as well!!
Glad you and the familia had such a great day. You all deserve nothing less!
Did ya wear your diaper and carry a bow and arrow all day? ..I'm just say'in....LOL

Chloe said...

Happy birthday! Congrats on the sweet bike rack! Ahh...I would love to have one of those!

The mardi gras parade was pretty fun for panama city beach. Nothing compaired to the St. Louis affair going on this weekend! Ahhh..back in the day when we could drink all day and wonder around soulard :)

Hope all is well in the LOU!

Anonymous said...

The Men's 35-39 AG is competitive?

I hadn't noticed...