Thursday, March 12, 2009

Too much chlorine!

OMG chlorine is SO nasty, especially when there is a ton of it... they are putting WAY too much of in the pool where I swim. I have taken 2 showers, one at the gym and one at home and I still smell it, fell it.. TASTE it!!! This is the second time that I actually taste it. It felt weird when I was in the pool, in between work outs, my mouth and especially teeth felt dry..... they are still a bit dry and even my throat feels a bit.. sore, and not the "cough - cough" type sore, it's more like the I went to a concert last night and sang all the songs for 3 hours sore.

I am definitely talking to someone at the gym about it, this can't be good for me... or anyone who swims there. I mean for real, it's a pretty strong chemical and in exaggerated amounts... not good! Result: extra dry skin, burning eyes, sore throat, dry teeth and mouth and of course the well known obnoxious chlorine smell which kind of becomes your 2 day cologne/perfume.

One thing's for sure.... highly chlorinated pools suck!

PC

3 comments:

Sara said...

I hear ya on not loving over chlorinated pools. I think I am actually fairly allergic to chlorine since I have a runny nose for at least a day after I swim. Although part of me appreciates the chlorine since I swim in parks & rec pools so I am glad it kills whatever is sure to be in the public pool!

Sam said...

Geezzz..what is that smell??? Take a shower won't ya!
:P

I agree with ya PC, but I'd rather smell like chlorine than deal with whatever yuckiness some peeps unfortunately bring into the water. BLECK! Now life would be perfect if we all had our own private pools. ;P

Alysha said...

"Highly chlorinated pools suck" -- I second that opinion!