Thursday, April 30, 2009

GO! STL half marathon and May tris...

On April 19 I ran the GO! Saint Louis Half Marathon for the third year in a row. I had a really good race. My chip time was 1hr 34min 24sec, my best half mara so far. Felt great from the beginning all the way until the end.

On the other hand I am pretty excited about Tri season, it's finally here. I am heading to Columbia, MO for my first tri of 2009. The name: Tri Zou Sprint Tri. I did it last year and my time was 1hr 16min 52sec. I wonder what's gonna be my time this year. Should be fun and hopefully we'll have decent weather... accuweather.com says mostly cloudy with a high of 60. Might be a little chilly early in the morning but as long as it doesn't rain I'll be happy.

On May 17 I'm doing Memphis in May, I heard great things about this oly tri and a bunch of peeps from the STL Tri Club are going, we'll have a nice group there.

There are other 2 tris happening in May in my area I am thinking about but not sure yet.... the Gateway Triathlon Oly in Carlyle, IL on May 24 and the Escape to the Bluffs Triathlon Sprint in Elsah, IL on May 30. Is that too much? or are they good practice?

Training is going better than ever. Feel great and strong and definitely seeing good results (Thanks Sammy!! :) )

Be safe out there and enjoy Spring time!

PC

3 comments:

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

wow....1:34 half mary! Super impressive! Sounds like you are really getting in some strong and solid work. Be careful of early season burn out by doing too much...you have a LONG season in front of you with at pretty BIG 'A' race to train for so focus is key! Good luck and remember to HAVE FUN out there!

Sam said...

Nice time!