Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finally!!!

It's been a while but I finally got my new tri bike. Say hello to Patricio's Quintana Roo Seduza:




I still don't have a name for 'her' :) I do have a couple we (the familia) have talked about: Seduza Meduza, Marge, Ruby Red Royal Rider II.... but can't decide yet, so please help. Also, if you have any suggestions, go right ahead!

See, the thing is initially I was going to buy the Cervelo P2C. Over a month ago (03/04) I went to one of the local bike shops in St Louis and left paying half of the full price for the Cervelo. They told me they will need to order it and that it'll take 1 - 2 weeks. Didn't hear from them after 2 weeks so I called.... they said, Cervelo hasn't shipped it but it'll be 1 - 2 weeks. Nobody called me after 2 weeks. Called again and they said Cervelo is taking forever.. that hopefully it will be 1 - 2 weeks. 2 weeks later the St. Louis Tri Club had its meeting at this bike shop. Talked to the guys there and guess what they said? yup, you guessed it.... 1 - 2 more weeks and the bike should be there. O M G ! ! !

Last weekend after I went to the expo for the GO! STL race, I decided to stop at a different local bike shop. Went in and told them the whole story. They said Cervelo is really bad with this type of problems and that is why they dropped them and don't carry Cervelo anymore. They have some QRs, Treks, Litespeeds among others. I saw the QR Seduza.... she looked at me back and it was....love at first sight?? lol hmmm.. well, not sure what it was but I sure liked it.

Anyway, so I told them I'll call the other shop to cancel my order. When I called they told me the bike's been shipped on Monday (this past Mon), I asked how long is it going to take.... they said, the guy who gets the emails with the tracking numbers wasn't there at that moment. I was supposed to get a call from that guy so I can get the tracking number.... never got the freaking call!
I understand Cervelo is bad with shipping bikes... but the bike shop NEVER called me.... if I wouldn't have called, I bet you anything they wouldn't have called me. They never tried to work with me suggesting a different bike (they carry other brands too, i.e. Felt)... nothing, I got nothing. So as a customer I feel like they didn't give a sh*t! Simply as that. And I mean, it's not like I was buying a pair of socks...I mean c'mon, I'm spending a lot money here. That's why I cancelled... don't wanna do business with them.. don't wanna give them my business... and today, this afternoon I bought the QR from my good friends at the other shop: Maplewood Bicycle. Went, got fitted and another happy customer!

I can't wait to get on the QR and ride it.... my first tri (sprint) is in less than a month and the HIM is in about 2 months!!! Can't believe how close it is.

Ok, you must be tired reading all this crap... but it was crap man..... Well, I won't bore you any more, I just needed to vent.

Pace out,

PC

3 comments:

Sara said...

awesome new wheels! You are going to be FAST on that baby. Good luck in your training leading up to your races. I hope you and QR fall in love all over again on the roads ;)

Andrea said...

Nice bike!
Thanks for checking out my blog and good luck to you at Kansas 70.3! Can't wait to read more about your training.

davegibb said...

Congratulations man, I've been busy and haven't had a chance to keep up with the news. Have you got out to ride it yet.