Thursday, July 17, 2008

Not a whole lot to say...

... other than training has been hard work. Coach has been kicking my arse big time but I'm loving it.

Since I started running (a little over 2 years ago) and then with the tris (last year) I always trained by distance and by pace. Coach has me doing everything by time and heart rate zones. It's actually really interesting and I'm learning a lot about it. I've always read about HR zones and that in tri magazines and books but never really applied it to my training, until now. My swims are usually by distance and sometimes by time.

Another new thing is I don't or haven't gotten a day off since I started working with Coach, which is fine... so far! I guess she goes by my resting HR which I need to get every morning before I get out of bed... that lets her know my level of energy and fatigue.

It's been really awesome, she's fantastic. We've been emailing each other quite often and she checks on me and make sure things are going fine. We've talked on the phone a couple of times and we're actually having lunch tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that.

This weekend I have a SUPER short sprint tri: 300 yard S, 7.4 mile B and 3 mile R, never done a tri this short, it'll be good transition practice. I've been biking with no socks on thinking I'll start taking my shoes off in the bike and leave then clipped on the pedals but I haven't gotten there yet, one step at the time. Next weekend I have another sprint tri 400 yard S, 12 mile B, and 3 mile R.

Happy training to all!

PC

4 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

If nothing else, coaches make us accountable to our schedules!! Best of luck in your tri this weekend!!

Andrea said...

My coach gave me a workout thta was nothing but taking my feet out of myshoes, riding with my feet on top of them, and then putting them back in.

It was pure comedy for the first 3 tries but then I got the hang of it and now it's pretty easy.

What helps even more is if your bike shoes have a little loop on the ankle to help you get them on and off.

OH! And it helps to do this on a flat course!!

tracie said...

i you owe us a race recap!! :) hope your training is going well! :)

Andrea said...

P!
Where are you???

Yu need to doing some race reports! Get crackin'!

A