Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Tri-phabet

It's so interesting how you learn all these new terms, acronyms, expressions, and slang. At least in my case, before I started training I had no idea what a few of these meant.

I bet you I can find 3 (for sure there are more) terms, acronyms, slang or expressions for every single letter of the alphabet. Let's see what we find in the Tri Lingo:


A - AHR, Aero bars, Age grouper

B - Bonk, Brick, BQ

C - Cadence, Carbo loading, CD

D - Drafting, Drill, DNF (hate this one!)

E - Endurance, Expo, Electrolytes

F - Fartlek, Finish line, Family

G - Goal, Glucose, Goggles

H - HIM, HR, Helmet

I - Intervals, IM, ITU

J - Jammers, Jersey, Junk miles

K - Kona, Kick board, Keel tube

L - Lactate threshold, Ladder, Lottery

M - Main set, Mdot, Mary

N - Negative split, Nutrition, Natatorium

O - Overpronate, Oly, Over training

P - Pace, Peak phase, PR

Q - Qualify, QR, Quick-release wheels

R - Racing flats, RR, Registration

S - Sprint distance, Split, Strides

T - Tempo-run, T1/T2, Taper

U - USAT, Ultegra, Ultra marathon

V - VO2 max, Volume, VĂ©lo

W - Wave, Wetsuit, WU

X - Xterra, X tool, X-treme....lol.... sorry, I ran out of ideas for this letter.

Y - Yoga, Yards, Y tool

Z - Zone, Zipp, Zip Tie

..... the list is endless.

PC

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Cute and clever post, P!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

G-Gu
P-Perpetuum
N--NO LIFE!! :-)

monica said...

LOVE IT.

Sam said...

C-crazy (I get that a lot)
P-pain
S- sacrifice
Z-Zoot

I also like the No life comment!

Mind if I link you through my blog?

Sam said...

I've been meaning to ask, what does 'cuencano' mean? I've also been waiting for an update on how the coaching is going. Not to pressure you or anything...

:)