Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lake Saint Louis Oly triathlon race report and more...

This past weekend (Saturday) I raced LSL (Lake St. Louis) Oly tri.... and allow me to say it went GREAT.. better than expected.... this was supposed to be a B race but I ended up PR'ing :)

Fantastic weather.... in the low 70s.... excellent day for a tri - even though later in the day it got hot.... and humid.

The swim - 0.9 miles
Started feeling a bit tired.... I've been thinking about maybe all the 2008 (and part of 07) training has been building up and I was starting to get tired... and I realized it was more mental than physical. My last swim I felt tired.. heavy arms.. etc... I remember telling one of my friend's right before we started: "I feel like I'm not ready for this tri"
The siren went off and we started.... felt really good and very relaxed.... after probably the first 300 meters I found this guy and I drafted him.. almost the whole swim... AGAIN! I did the exact same thing the previous weekend at the Chicago Oly tri. Felt strong and towards the end I passed that guy and finished hard.
- Swim time: 26min 06sec Swim pace: 1:48/100m (2nd fastest swim in my AG)

T1 time: 1min 52sec

The bike - 24.8 miles
The bike went great. Felt awesome so I decided to hammer it.
Everything worked out perfect... this time the bike shoes on the pedals were fine.
- Bike time: 1hr 11min 38sec Avg MPH: 20.8! My fastest evah!! :)

T2 time: 1min 2sec

The run - 6.2 miles
I was a bit more tired than usual after the bike because I went faster than usual but I thought what the heck.... I grabbed water at each water station and kept going. Close to the finish line I heard all the people, a few people I knew started cheering and I sprinted to the finish line, which was up hill - ouch!
Run time: 47min 24sec Run pace: 7:38min/mile

Hats off to the organizers and race director, who I actually know. He did an amazing job. This year's race was even better than last's.

Total time: 2hrs 28min 2sec (My last year's time was 2hrs 44min)

AG: 7/34 - OA: 63/327

In other news... Today Coach had me doing an 1hr 15min run in HR zone 1!!!! The whole 1hr 15min! It was cra-zy! Never done it before.... she's so funny, she said: "Embarrassingly slow"
I came home after work got ready and started to pour... bad! Lightning and all. Decided to go to the gym and do it on a treadmill.... the first 30min I was at 15min/mile! LOL and my HR zone was still reaching zone 2, so I had to SLOW DOWN.... it was actually kind of funny. I did it, done.. finished... no mas!!!

(with announcer's voice): Aaaaaaaaand now.. iiiiiiiiit's time to think about IM 70.3!
18 days and counting!

PC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MACHINE is about the only word I can come up with!
You are a machine that just keeps getting faster and faster!!! Awesome Job!! You're going to kick Cancun's a$$!!

IMPRESSIVE IMPRESSIVE!!!! :) Can't wait to read RR.

Andrea said...

Great job at LSL! You are so freaking fast - I want your legs! Can I borrow them for Redman?

Oh wait, you'll need them the same weekend - for Cancun!

Good luck P! I know you'll be great!

Sam said...

SPEEDY!!!!

Sam said...

Looks like the coach is working out! Can't wait to hear about you 70.3!