Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Europe Trip - Part 3


- The pic above is the famous "Manneken Pis" in Brussels... cool eh? :)

Ok....so Sun I go back to from Escheden (Holland) to Brussels (Belgium), which took about 4 hrs by train. Arrived at Brussels South station and walked to the hotel I was staying (5 min walk). Grabbed my suitcase and went to a different hotel , the one my company was paying for. Then I basically worked from Mon to Fri... bunch of lunches and dinners - great food by the way - and I would go to bed at 11 - 12 at night... that plus the 7 hrs time difference killed me.

My plan was to hit the gym at the hotel, and when I asked where the gym was the receptionist tells me it was downstairs and it was 25 euros to use it.... A DAY!!!! That's about 40 bucks each time.... You kidding me??? I couldn't believe it. That whole week I only ran ONE day... 4.5 miles.... that was it! So in 10 days I only ran once!

Came back and had only 2 more weeks before race day, and speaking of coming back... the flight back was the worst flight ever. Brussels - Newark was fine, but Newark - St. Louis... OMG! It's way too long to type it plus just remembering it makes me mad.... in a nutshell: I was at Newark airport for 12 hours! Our flight kept getting delayed and after 12 hrs (and being in the airplane for 30 min and back to the pre-boarding area) they told us the flight was cancelled. Stayed in Newark and came back on Sun at 7am.... It was so tiring.

The next day (Monday) I went back to my training routine and followed my training plan (last week):

Mon: Weights (legs and biceps)
Tue: 2,400 meters swim
Wed: 1.5 hrs ride + 4 mile run brick
Thu: 5 mile run
Fri: 45 mile ride + 3 mile run brick
Sat: 30 min OWS + 50 mile (very windy) ride brick
Sun: 5 mile run

And this has been my last / taper week:

Mon: Off
Tue: easy 4 mile run
Wed: 45 min ride (Today - used the gym spinning bike)
Thu: will do 700 - 800 meters swim
Fri: Off
Sat: Off (I'll do an easy work out)
SUN: IRONMAN 70.3 KANSAS

So that's that.... can't believe it's time....

PC

1 comment:

Alysha said...

It almost seems that trouble at Newark is a traveler's right of passage. Good luck at your HIM.