Saturday, June 28, 2008

Coach

Yup... PC has a Coach. I finally decided to go with one. Thought it'd be a great chance to learn a lot and obviously improve.

Went with the Training Bible (TB), they are one of the St. Louis Tri Club sponsors and I got a discount. Plus I met Coach way back in Feb or Mar when she came and gave a presentation on TB to the Club members.

Coach is really cool... she's done a few Ironman races (need to ask her exactly how many). She just did IM Idaho and did awesome. She's also done some HIM and she's placed in her age group in some. She's also a Level 1 USAT coach, Level 3 USA Cycling coach, certified personal trainer, and certified spinning instructor... and of course she is in the St. Louis area so that makes it easier. Pretty awesome eh?

I am very excited to be honest. This is going to help me get better and learn about training and racing. We started officially last Thu and Coach immediately gave me a work-out calendar for the next 2 weeks. She based on a few forms she gave me, I filled them out, then she made my training program. It looks harder than I thought - harder meaning longer work-outs.... longer distances, etc.... I guess harder to what I've been doing.

My 2 "A" races are getting close: accenture Chicago Triathlon (Olympic) is in less than 2 months and Ironman 70.3 Cancun is in less than 3 months...

PC

4 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Plus--there's something about paying a heft amount of money that makes you more accountable to training! Sounds like you made a great choice!!

monica said...

congrats on the coach!! i found that everything totally changed for me when i became accountable to a coach. you're shaping things up perfectly for your two "a" races!!!

Andrea said...

Oh, you're doing Chicago too?
Man...maybe I should hold on to my registration. I did find a place to stay for free! (LOVE BLOG LAND)

I think you will love working with a coach and see the improvements right away.

Of course, with your run times, I'm not sure you can get any faster. :)

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the coach! (I Like tritobefunny's first sentence!)