Thursday, June 5, 2008

Europe Trip - Part I


Wow.... I haven't written my blog for a while.... missed it!

Back from the trip... came back last Sun, June 1st. Training-wise things didn't go as expected.. AT ALL!, in fact... I might be f'ed!

Went there thinking I'll use the hotel gym... run in the city... swim at the hotel's pool.. etc. Yeah, none of that happened!!

Arrived in Brussels on Thu, May 22 - after a 7+ hrs flight. Went to the hotel, dropped luggage and drove to Cologne, Germany. 2 hrs drive and we were in another country (gotta love Europe). The city is really nice, it's the 4th most important city in Germany and it was bigger than I thought. The city has a very impressive cathedral, it took over 600 years to complete it! Crazy eh? Also, inside the Cathedral they have The Shrine of the Three Kings, where the Three Wise Men are buried.

Went back to Brussels on Thu night, got stuff ready for another trip the next day and went to bed at past 1am.... training? NADA

To be continued....

2 comments:

Alysha said...

Welcome back; I look forward to the full trip report.

Andrea said...

Welcome back! Missed your posts and comments.

IMKS is exactly ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!

Maybe having all that time off will have actually helped you - you'll be well rested and ready to blast off!

Maybe I'll see you next weekend?