Thursday, August 21, 2008

accenture Chicago Triathlon

Tomorrow I am heading to Chi-town for the accenture Chicago oly tri. Can't believe it's already here.. can't believe we are almost done with August!!

This race should be fun and interesting. I read there are over 8,500 athletes registered and probably about 6,500 or so will race. I've been wondering how TA is going to look... it's gonna be massive! I understand the Expo is huge as well and they have a ton of cool stuff... it's gonna be hard not to spend a lot of $$.

Even though it's an Oly distance race they have this feature called: "Accenture Triathlon Alert System" where you registered for free, provide a cell number and/or an email address and a message it's sent each time the registered athlete passes a mat to the cell or email you gave. I just registered so my familia knows where and when to look for me. It's a useful tool since there will be so many people racing.

The weather here in St. Louis has been rainy with temps of 70s - 80s... which is not bad... I would be happier with out the rain though. AccuWeather says this Sun will be in the 80s and no rain in Chicago, I hope it stays that way.

Good luck to the all athletes who are racing this weekend as well and if you are not racing, have fun training! :)

PC

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Good luck! I wish I could be there but alas, it was not in the cards. AND someone wants a new cross bike and we have to be fair about how much each of us gets to spend on this sport.

But I digress...GOOD LUCK! I can't wait for the race report!!!

Sam said...

Good Luck! And take lots of pictures! With that many athletes there should be a great race atmosphere and that many more people for you to pass. Have fun!

Sonya said...

Good luck for your race!

I've completed 3 Half IM's. Aren't triatlons awesome?!

Thanks for saying hello on my blog.

Alysha said...

Hope the race went well; I'm sure you did a fantastic job!

That alert system is a great idea, by the way.

Sam said...

I got my RR up first! I win! Now it's your turn. Sounds like it went well (I was checking up on you online.) Can't wait to hear about it.
:)

Sara said...

I can't wait for the RR. I'm sure you rocked it!