Thursday, August 14, 2008

Miscellaneous

Can't believe it's mid August already... 4 more months and 2008 is over! And after that I move to the 35 - 39 age group LOL.... funny how we think about our age like that now.

Aug 24 I have the 'accenture Chicago triatlhon'. And next month my second 70.3 in Cancun, Mexico... can't wait!

Training has been great. Last weekend I had an awesome work out. Sat I did the Ghisallo Scorcher 4 mile race. For the first time ever I felt pukey before the finish... the last .5 mile or so... weird. Time: 27min 34 sec.

Sun met with Coach and some people she knew to do a brick. It was 7 of us, we rode 80 miles and then we ran 2 miles. It was the perfect day for it.
I bought a new saddle for Diabla and tried it on Sun, loved it. It's the Blackwell ISM Adamo Racing/Tri Saddle, very cool!

I haven't been able to swim ever since my tri at Innsbrook (Aug 2). The following Tue after that race I had a mole taken out of my back and got 3 stitches. The doc told me to not swim for at least a week. This past was a week and today I'm going back to the pool for a 1,700 meter swim.
The mole results came back negative, it was just a normal mole.... The stitches need to come off next Tue.

Weather has been excellent. Low to mid 80s and very low % of humidity... Even though I was supposed to be training in the super hot and humid Midwest August weather in preparation for Ironman Cancun 70.3, oh well.

PC

3 comments:

Sara said...

looks like you have been doing some really solid training. I can't believe how fast summer is going either! I guess that is what happens when you sign up for two 70.3 races in a year!

Andrea said...

You felt pukey because you were going too fast! :)

But really, awesome job sticking with all the training. I can't wait to hear about Chicago!! I wish I could go but I promised I would stay home and spend time with the man (Redman is a girls only trip).

Plus he already wants to use the money we're "saving" on a new cross bike. :(

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

So impressive all around!! Glad it was "just a mole." That's always a scary moment. Now, get back in the pool :-)