Friday, March 14, 2008

It's Spring time!

Yup... it's finally here (not officially but, pretty much).... the pool at the gym and spinning classes are getting more crowded. I see more people running and riding outside. The athletes are back in business.... it's racing time!!!

Can't wait to get my new bike and take it out... but I haven't heard from the store. They are putting it together and will let me know when it's ready. So what kind of bike is it? Do I have a name for her? (it's a her, yes)... soon my friends... soon!!!

So finally we have great running weather (50s - 60s)... but of course, tomorrow when I have a race (St. Pat's 5 mile race) the weather is going to be pretty bad. Between 35 - 40 and rain... oh well... it could be worse.

Sunday a friend and I are planning on doing a 40ish mile ride, no rain is expected. Looking forward to it.

Last but not least, there is a tiny chance we (the familia) might go to Cancun in Sept. and yes Dave, if I do I will definitely do the Half Ironman, I know you are training for it. Hope it happens, we'll see.

Ok amigos..... El Fin :)

P

3 comments:

davegibb said...

That would be awesome. That way the two best wives in the world could meet!!!! Good luck in your 5 miler tommorow.

Ellie said...

I can't wait to hear all about your new bike!

And I love that it's getting to be spring-like...not so much that the pool is getting more crowded though :p

Alysha said...

It's almost spring here too; I completely understand your excitement. Your tentative vacation plans sound awesome!