Monday, May 19, 2008

Active Recovery

Last week it was Active Recovery week which consisted of:

Mon: Off
Tue: 60 min easy swim
Wed: 60 min easy run
Thu: Weight training (shoulders and back)
Fri: Off
Sat: 60 min easy ride
Sun: Off

And this week I am supposed to start my Competitive Stage. 3 weeks of it and my last week will be taper... so yeah, 4 more weeks until my first 70.3 race.

It's only Monday and I'd have to say this is a crazy week already! I should have done a long swim today but unfortunately I couldn't make it, dammit! According to my training plan tomorrow should be 'day off' but I am going to run at lunch a 6.6 loop near work.

This Wed my two co-workers Ana, Kim and I are flying out from STL to Atlanta and then to Belgium. Our plane lands in Brussels at 8:05AM (local time) on Thu. There is 7 hrs time difference between STL (central time) and Brussels... hopefully it won't be too hard to adjust to it. We are taking a couple of days off to travel a bit and we'll be working from Mon 26 until Fri 29. Returning to the States on Sat the 31st.

The plan is, a friend from work in Brussels is picking us up at the airport, we'll go to the hotel and drop our luggage, get ready and head to Cologne, Germany for the day. Fri morning my friends are actually going to London. I decided to pass that trip and make different plans; I have been there several times since I lived in the UK (Bristol) a while back. I mean, the thought of going back to London was tempting but at the end I decided to go see other places I've never been to. So I am taking a train to Amsterdam... I'll stay there over night and Sat I'll go to Enschede which is still in the Netherlands, east of Amsterdam, right on the border with Germany. I have an old friend from Ecuador who lives there. She just had a baby so it'll be nice to see her, meet her husband and baby. Later, on Sat I'll be going back to Brussels and get ready for the work week... fun.... NOT!.... no, it should be cool. I am actually looking forward to it.

Going back to the 4 more week until my first 70.3 race... hmmm... when am I gonna be able to train?!?!?! I have no idea.... I am hoping I'll be able to somehow manage it. One thing's for sure... it's going to be hard as hell to follow my training plan the way I have all this time.
I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, like my speaking Russian friend Bob says: PAKA! (I guess I should say something in French or Dutch since I'll be going there... oh well.. next time maybe)

PC

4 comments:

tracie said...

ooohhh so much fun! take lots of pics for us!

i have also been out of the country for work and while it is nice to see new places and things, work is still there. :( make sure you enjoy it and relax!!!

training will be waiting when you return anyway! ;)

Sara said...

wow....have a great trip. I see a lot of running in your future for training...hee,hee. I love traveling, I am quite jealous!

Andrea said...

Lucky.
BE SAFE!
IMKS 70.3 is fast approaching! :)

Ellie said...

Hi!

Your training looks spectacular and I am SO JEALOUS that you're getting to travel to Europe.