Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another cold day

The whole day has been in the teens and windy.

Today was a rest day for me training-wise. I usually take off on Fridays but this past week was crazy, I ended up running on Fri and yesterday too so I decided to take off today.

The familia and I went to Illinois to visit my wife's great-aunt, today was her birthday. We had a nice lunch in a restaurant at Pere Marquette State Park in Grafton, Illinois.

It's a real nice drive from O'Fallon, Missouri (where I live) to Grafton, Il; especially after you cross the Mississippi river, after that it's about a 15 mile ride on the river road. During this time of the year bald eagles come to the area, we saw two of them, one sitting on a tree and the other one flying.... such cool birds they are! Sometime I'd like to take my bike there and ride next to the mighty Mississippi.

Anyway... nothing else to report for now. Need to get things ready for tomorrow.
Cheers!

P

No comments: