Saturday, February 23, 2008

Better weather this weekend?

The winter storm was pretty bad. A lot of people worked from home (including myself) on Thursday... The roads were bad, I watched on the news and heard on the radio there were a lot of accidents. It's crazy how people go wild with the snow here... I mean, we get snow every year, people should know hot to drive in it... it's not like it only snows once every 2 - 3 years!

Thursday night I was supposed to go see "Spirit of the Marathon" and unfortunately that never happened. I can't believe this was the second time they were showing it and I missed.... bummer! I wish they will show it like any other movie so I could go see it whenever. I wonder when the DVD is coming out. I went to the gym instead and did 1 hour spinning class.

Yesterday it snowed in the morning until almost lunch time. It was also my rest day. After work Rachael (my wife) and I went to Fleet Feet to get her running shoes. The winner: Mizuno Wave Creation 9. They are pretty cool looking and she loved the way they felt. She also tried the Asics Cumulus 9 (which are the ones I wear and love) and the Saucony, I think they were the Trigon 5s... not so sure to be honest.

This morning we went to the gym and she tried them on the treadmill and apparently they worked. Even though she still had some shin-splint pain, it was less. I think the rest and of course the new shoes helped. We'll see how it goes.
I took the 1 hour spinning class. Carrie, the teacher: rocks! I personally think she is the best out of the 4 instructors... or are there 5? either way, love taking Carrie's class.

This afternoon I'm going to a bike store to get cleats for my bike shoes. I bought a pair of tri bike shoes a couple of months ago and haven't wore them yet, needed the cleats. I have another pair so it wasn't that I needed them right away but I do want to try the new shoes. Hopefully I'll have them ready for Monday for the next spinning class.

The weather is getting better this weekend. It's 37 right now and the sun is out, the snow is melting away and I hope most of it is gone by tomorrow morning when I'm suppose to do a 12 - 15 miler.

That's all folks!

P

3 comments:

tracie said...

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just tagged you. It's a pain, but I hope you do it anyway!

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

Mnowac said...

Hey me too!

I just tagged you. It's a pain, but I hope you do it anyway!

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged

davegibb said...

Hi

Thanks for the posts. You seem to a very busy race schedule this year. 'm going to keep track of your progress as well. Thanks for the nice comments.