Monday, February 18, 2008

No tri bike :(

Hope I am not getting sick but I am not feeling the best... Yesterday I was supposed to go for my long run and didn't. It was supposed to snow and rain and I used that as an excuse, it was a good one but there was no snow or rain, in fact the sun was out for a bit. My friend BT and I were going to meet and run and I cancelled.... he still went and told me later he did get some rain and he said it was really windy, I guess I didn't miss much!

I went to the gym instead and swam 2,100 meters. Afterwards the familia and I went to the Olmedos, our good friends from Ecuador. They made this really yummy lunch and had cake and ice cream for my birthday (it was on 02/14). On top of all the great food they gave me a nice card with an REI gift card, they're the best!

My plan B was running this morning since I am off (President's Day) but yeah, I didn't go again... I don't know if I'm getting sick or I'm unmotivated, either way it sucks!
I will be heading to the gym this afternoon to do some weight training and spinning class.

I think I'm upset because I am not getting a tri bike which I have been almost dreaming about for a few months. I finally convinced the wife and was going to get a tri bike in Feb or March but some unexpected expenses came up and no bike.... I know it's silly but I was all excited and looking forward to it, especially to ride it in my first half Ironman in June...

P

2 comments:

tracie said...

happy belated bday!

hang in there, we all have our ups and downs!!! i totally understand being down about the bike. all of us do!

maybe later this year you can get it (plus by then it will be on sale!;) )

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Thanks for the vote! Happy Belated Birthday :-)