Friday, February 15, 2008

TGIF!!!

And...this is a long weekend... at least for me. Monday, Presidents Day I am off, yes!

Only bad thing is I don't feel the greatest. I think my body is fighting the flu or somehting, I sure hope not. The whole day I have been kinda of down, no energy and a bit weak even. I am supposed to swim tonight and maybe lift but I don't know if it's happening.

Tomorrow I have a 5 mile race and I'm thinking maybe I should rest some and be ok for it. We'll see how the rest of the afternoon and evening go.

Had a pretty good lunch with the wife, we went to a sushi place. Since Fleet Feet is close to the restaurant we stopped by to redeem my $25 I received after spending $250. Ended up getting this compression sleeves that'll hopefully help me with the shin-splints I've been getting. Shin-splints are the worst man, they come and go and more than anything they bother me. When I run I feel them but they don't hurt enough to stop, they are simply uncomfortable, plus I keep thinking about it: When is the pain gonna go away? / I hate shin-splints! / I wonder why I have them... etc, etc.

I am debating if I should sign for a local olympic tri. Thing is I am registered for an olympic tri on Aug 23 in Chicago. The Lake Saint Louis Triathlon (LSL Tri) is taking place just a week later on Aug 30. I did the LSL tri last year (my first oly tri) and had a GREAT time, plus I really like to support the local races. It's a popular one and gets sold out fast, need to decide soon. Would I be too tired? I could always take it easy and go at a slower pace? well... maybe I can take a break for once... a break? what's that?!?!? hmmm... On the other hand I would like to compare my last year's time.... dang it!

Ok... 4:31pm.... going to get ready to go home, and maybe the gym? we shall see.
Later!

P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry that you have to deal with shin splits. Those are the worst. Hopefully the compression sleeves will help out.

triguyjt said...

good luck with the shin splints
just found your blog..
all the best in training-racing and blogging