Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Shin-splints are taking ova!

Yesterday I ran my typical 6.2 at lunch. I wore the Zensah sleeves (I got at Fleet Feet) for my shin-splints and wow!... they sure work! It's nice to get out and run but the weather is getting bad again.... in fact we have a winter storm watch until Friday.
Last night I also went to the gym and swam 2,100 meters. Did 1,000 and rested, then another 1,000 and rested again and finished with a 100 mts cool down.

Today went to the gym after work, did spinning for 1 hr and weight training afterwards. It's cold and I hear the strong winds outside... hope it doesn't get extremely bad and affect the roads too much. Obviously there will be no running outside, maybe treadmill?.. more like DREADmill... hate it!

Actually, tomorrow I'm going to see "Spirit of the Marathon", I've heard really good things about it. Plus it is suppose to be about the Chicago Marathon which I registered for Oct 08, so I'm looking forward to it.

Today I ended up registering for the Lake Saint Louis Triathlon (Olympic dist). I couldn't decide if I should do it or not since the weekend before (Aug 24) I will be doing the Accenture Chicago Tri (Olympic dist)... but I did, so we'll see how that goes.

Ok, so are shin-splints contagious? I've been having them for a while and my wife who started running a couple of months ago and now is training for her first 5K started having them too! craziness! No, I know shin-splints are not contagious but c'mon! She was totally into training, all motivated and now she's a bit upset.... you know how it is when you're training and suddenly from nowhere a pain comes and bugs the crap out of ya. She was going to run a 3 miler tonight and after the 1st mile she had to stop because of the pain. I think it's her shoes. She's been wearing a pair of Nike Shox, to be honest I don't even know the model... in the insole it says "Women's Running". I personally don't think shox are good for running, I think the foot is inclined, doesn’t look comfortable... but what do I know!? Well... needless to say, tomorrow or Friday we are heading to Fleet Feet so she can get the right running shoe. In the meantime I told her to take off tomorrow and maybe Fri too, depending on how she feels.

Ok blogger friends... EL FIN

PC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to see Spirit of the Marathon. Unfortunately the theatres near me aren't playing it. Let me know how you like it!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that is such a bummer about the movie. I really think they could have had a lot of success had they let it play for a little longer...running is really growing. Oh well, the DVD will be out eventually.

Have a great weekend!