Saturday, February 9, 2008

My 1st blog.

So here I am... sitting in front my computer on a surprisingly warm afternoon in the Midwest. It's sunny and about 51 degrees... not bad for February. For a while I have been contemplating becoming a 'blogger'. I've heard a lot about this and in fact I read a few blogs here and there, but I always thought: "I'm not a writer.. in fact I suck at writing" but at the same time I've kind of been wanting to do it. Funny thing is, it happened by accident, I mean I was in google/picasa downloading some pictures, and on the top of the page it said: Blog.... and here's me: hmmm... I'll click on it. The rest is history.

Wasn't sure about the name, and if you are wondering what the heck 'cuencano' means... fear no more: Cuencano is a person from the beautiful city of Cuenca; the third most important and largest city in Ecuador, down in South America. - A very brief geography lesson for you... The tiny country of Ecuador (size of Colorado) is between Colombia and Peru and it's on the Pacific Coast. And Cuenca, my hometown is in the south of the country right where the Andes go through, in fact it is about 9,000 feet above sea-level.

Ok, enough about that..... So, yes... this is my very first blog ever. To be honest I am not sure if I will keep writing more, how often or about what, but we'll see.

About me.... I am a 33 year old Ecuadorian who's been living in the States for over 8 yrs. Married to a wonderful and beautiful wife and together we have 2 gorgeous little princesses.I work in the credit card industry. And my interests are working out and running.... and since last spring/summer my newest interest is triathlons.... I absolutely LOVE doing them, in fact I think triathlons, or tris (you need to learn the triathlete lingo, right?) are now my very favorite thing to do. I did 5 sprint* (short distance) tris and 1 olympic** one last year and currently I'm training for my first Half Ironman which will take place in June 15 in Lawrence, Kansas.

As part of the training I mentioned above today my friend Karey and I ran 15 miles on the Katy Trail (actually Karey stayed to run 3 more miles)

*Sprint tri is usually 500 - 750mts (about a mile) swim, 20km (12 miles) bike and 5km (3.1 miles) run
** Olympic tri (also known as oly) is always 1.5km (0.9 mile) swim, 40km (24.8 mile) bike and 10km (6.2 miles) run

With this I will log off for now.
Adios!

P

5 comments:

Mnowac said...

Hola! Welcome to the blogging world. There are some really nice people here! I look forward to reading about your training. Best of luck!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Beginner triathletes represent!

Are you signed up for any races as of yet?

(BTW, you could've fooled me that this was your first post ;) )

Patricio said...

Thank you guys! You're awesome!!

Tracy said...

You're not a writer?? Could have fooled me. Looks like you've got the hang of this amigo mio ;) And where the heck in the Midwest are you with 51 degrees!? It's 30 below here with the wind chill! Enjoy that weather!

Patricio said...

Well, thanks T! I guess reading your guys' blogs helps. Learning from the pros :)
I'm in St. Louis and yesterday was nice.. well.. nice enough. It was 51 and sunny, comparing to the teens or under 10 temps days we've had. - Like today -
P