Saturday, February 16, 2008

Good race

Well, yesterday I ended up not going to the gym, I was way too tired, got home, ate something and laid in bed. I think I was already sleeping at 9:30ish... I think my body needed the rest because this morning I felt great when I woke up, got ready to go to University City (for my 5 mile race), which is about 35 min drive east from my house.

Got there at about 7, parked and walked to Ghisallo Running store, Ghisallo organized the race and opened a new store in U City. Got my bib (204) and my t-shirt and walked back to my car to get ready. The temp was in the 20s and I wasn't sure if I should race wearing either shorts or pants... went with the shorts. Had also a dri-fit t-shirt, a dri-fit long sleeve t-shirt and a running light jacket. Course I also had gloves and a hat. Went back to Ghisallo and met my friend Amy and her boyfriend Brett. My friend Shawn was also there.

At 7:50AM we all went outside and got ready to start. They gave us the last instructions and off we went. There were probably about 40 - 50 of us. The organizers did a great job with the race. There were cops everywhere making sure the race went smooth and a few volunteers were helping out directing people and holding signs for the drivers to watch the runners.

I crossed the finished line at 35 min 28 sec (according to my GPS). Had some water and waited for my friends. Later we all went back to Ghisallo store since they had attendance prizes... they had a ton of stuff, so many that when they started calling numbers, a lot of people already left and it was taking forever. So they decided to start throwing gloves, t-shirts and bags. Then they proceeded with the award ceremony and after that they picked two more numbers and gave 2 pair of Mizuno shoes away! I didn't get the shoes but I got a pair of gloves and bag, not bad!

Overall the race was really well organized and I had an awesome time. Afterwards went to have breakfast with my friends and came back home....

Got to run now... the familia is waiting for me to go to the mall.

PC

1 comment:

Donald said...

Hi - Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Yes, I remember the Chamberlain story from a few years back - it seems like a complete fabrication, but then I realize those guys have a completely different lifestyle than I could ever imagine. We'll never know for sure, I guess.

I didn't know about your blog. I'll check back and see how things are going - good luck with your race plans.