Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Training

Two more days and adios February.... wow, time is sure flying. Spring is just around the corner...finally! that means time to run and ride and do any outdoor activity (at least with out freezing your butt off)

Training has been going pretty good. Last weekend I ran 11.20 miles on Sunday on a not very nice and/or even terrain. There was snow and it was melting, so it was splashy, wet and cold. I went out shooting for a 15 miler but I just couldn't take it anymore and went back home. Still 11 was good.

Monday had spinning at night and then swam 2,100 meters... nice work out. Yesterday I did weight training: triceps and chest. It's interesting how your body works. Before I used to lift 4 - 5 times a week, now I am down to 1 - 2 times every other week! Definitely had to go down on weight.. which is fine, because at this point I'm not really focusing on building muscle but endurance.

Today I took off. I just got back from our St. Louis Triathlon Club monthly meeting. This is my first year as a member. The meetings are pretty cool.... you meet a lot of other triathletes, from beginner to elite guys. The Club people bring water, food and snacks and we talk about up coming races, training sessions and they usually have a guest speaker. Today, there was a coach from Training Bible (which is one of the Club's sponsors) who gave information about their services and up coming events and clinics. Interesting stuff.

Tomorrow I'm planning to do a 5 miler run at lunch and spinning class at night. Friday a 6.2 run again at lunch and probably a 2,000 meter swim at night. The plan for the weekend is Sat 15 mile run and Sun bike ride!! If weather.com is right (crossing fingers) this weekend is going to be nice, Sat high of 50 and Sun high of 59! So, time to get the bike and go out. Can't wait!

Cheers,

PC

3 comments:

tracie said...

:P 50 degrees!?!?! send some of that my way!!

enjoy your training this weekend and keep up the hard work! :)

davegibb said...

Sounds like a neat club. We've had nothing but snow here for two days and I am in a /run called the "Spring thaw" on Sunday. I'm hoping the weather changes so it lives up to its name.
I had to back off the stregnth training as well. I am actually struggling mentally with not lifting 4-5x aweek. I bought tension bands and give myself a good bodyweight workout at home while watching tv with the kids. They like to do it with me. I made a little circuit with push up, dips etc.
Keep up the great work

Donald said...

Hope you had a nice weekend. Your tag post is up on my blog now.